Originally built in 1903 as the College’s library, Hendricks Hall is one of the oldest buildings on Hanover’s campus. The view of the Ohio River from Hendricks Hall is magnificent. Hanover named the building after Thomas A. Hendricks, class of 1841, who served as Governor of Indiana, a U.S. Senator and the Vice President of the United States under Grover Cleveland. Commissioned by his widow, Eliza, The building underwent a renovation in 1952 for use as classrooms, offices and a theatre. Another thorough renovation occurred again in 2007, completed spring 2008. Today the building houses the Business Scholars Program.
Since its founding in 1827, Hanover College has been committed to providing a true liberal arts education. Hanover College offers 31 major areas of study as well as the opportunity for students to self-design their own major.
Outside the classroom, students can participate in any of over 50 student organization, 16 NCAA Division III varsity sports, an active fraternity and sorority Greek system, and intramural sports. Students also take advantage of being just outside historic Madison, Indiana, and close to Louisville (45 miles), Cincinnati (70 miles), and Indianapolis (95 miles).
Indiana's oldest private college, Hanover's 650-acre campus is home to approximately 1000 students from across the U.S. and abroad as well as the one-third of Hanover's faculty and staff living on the campus grounds. The College is one of The Princeton Review's Best 361 Colleges and a U.S. News & World Report top 100 national liberal arts college and top 50 "Best Value".